- about 1 pound small, green tomatoes (washed, stems removed)
- 2 quarts water
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup canning & pickling salt (can use sea salt or kosher salt, just make sure it fully dissolves)
- 2 teaspoons celery salt
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- chili flakes (optional for a little heat!)
- glass containers for pickling
- In a large enough saucepan, add water, vinegar, sea salt bring to a strong simmer, stirring until the salt has dissolved.
- Sterilize your glass containers by submerging them in a pot of boiling water.
- Place tomatoes in glass containers and add hot brine until the tomatoes are completely covered.
- Allow the brine in jars to cool, then cover and put in fridge. You’ll want to wait a few days for the flavor to develop before eating.
- The tomatoes can keep in the fridge for a few months, as long as no mold, scum, spoiling occurs.