Radishes thrive in cool weather so be sure to enjoy the bounty before we hit summer temperatures! They’re an excellent source of vitamin C, calcium, magnesium, folate, and potassium.
Radish Salad, adapted from What The Well-Dressed Salad Is Wearing For Spring
- 1 pound radishes (about 25), topped, tailed and cut into large bite-sized pieces
- Basil Flavored Sea Salt (from Mike Mahr, distributed to CSA members in the fall of 2011)
- 2 1/2-ounce chunk of Parmesan, cut into slices, some thick and some thin
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice, or to taste
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Ovation Greens Mix, plus added Arugula, to taste
Combine the radishes and salt in a Tupperware container with a lid. Shake for a few seconds to mix well. Add the cheese and shake until the cheese becomes creamy. Add lemon juice and olive oil and once again combine the ingredients. Add the greens and toss. If needed, add more salt and lemon juice, to taste.
Serve and enjoy!