Sara’s clean-out-your-fridge bean salad – never quite the same but always delicious
Ingredients (loosely followed):
- 3 cups brown and/or wild rice
- 1 can or 1.5 cups black beans
- 1 can or 1.5 cups garbanzo beans
- 2-3 cups minced vegetables: a mixture of whatever you have – red onion, scallions, carrots, celery, peas, green beans, radish, kohlrabi, etc.
- 1 bunch herbs: cilantro, parsley, oregano, thyme, etc.
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 T vinegar (any kind)
- salt & pepper to taste
Combine ingredients in a mixing bowl, serve & enjoy!
3 Comments Add yours
Always looking for a good bean salad – clean out your fridge is even better!!! I will certainly try it.