While in the Berkshires for Thanksgiving, my mother-in-law introduced me to a delicious recipe for a creamy sweet potato & rosemary soup. I made some last night with the sweet potatoes we’ve been storing from our fall harvest. The recipe is below. Enjoy!
Creamy Sweet Potato & Rosemary Soup
- 3 T unsalted butter
- 3 T olive soil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Mike Mahr’s smoked garlic salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 stems dried rosemary – remove leaves from stems and chop until fine
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, washed and cut into 1/2 inch pieces (you can peel them if you like but it’s not necessary)
- 6 cups chicken broth (less broth for a thicker soup)
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 3 T maple syrup
In an 8-quart pot, melt the butter and oil together over medium-high heat. Add the minced garlic, salt and pepper and cook for about 3 minutes or until soft. Add the sweet potatoes, rosemary & broth. Bring mixture to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer until the sweet potatoes are tender. Using an immersion blender, blend the mixture until thick. Whisk in the mascarpone cheese and maple syrup. Top with a few dried rosemary leaves and enjoy!